Concrete staining vs Carpet Vs Tiles
All flooring materials have their benefits, why they are preferred over other types of flooring materials and also have their drawbacks. It is important to understand the good and the bad before choosing to strip off one type of floor to another.
- These flooring can withstand pressure from any heavy equipment.
- It is resilient and tough and cannot be easily damaged.
- Easy to maintain and cost effective
- Easy to install and environmentally friendly. In most cases, you just have to uninstall anything that has been placed over it. Thus no new material has been produced this means no emission of carbon.
- Stained concrete last for a long time
- Different varieties of designs, colors and textures can be achieved using this versatile material.
- The floor surface is always hard, in cases of accidents, items will shatter or you could hurt yourself.
- It does not retain heat; on cold mornings the floor surface will be chilled against the feet.
- Its hardness makes it uncomfortable to stand for long periods of times.
- They have a luster appearance and are designed with different materials in different colors and textures.
- Polyester and natural fiber carpets are environmental friendly carpets.
- Most carpets are made from strong and durable materials
- They make the floors warm during cold seasons.
- Provides sound insulation
- Carpets are a cheaper flooring option.
- Not easy to clean and maintain. They can be a soft breeding ground for insects
- When food and liquid spill on them, the stains are hard to come off and they retain odors.
- Carpets have high maintenance cost
- Tiles are great for homes with pets
- They have a timeless appeal if maintained properly
- They are non-toxic and good for those who suffer from allergies
- Can be easily cleaned and maintained
- Tiles are produced in different types and styles of different unique designs to choose from
- Tiles are so popular in bathrooms and kitchen because It is best at withstanding water
- Tiles offer a cold, walking surface during cold mornings.
- They are one of the difficult floors to install and requires a skilled hand
- Does not retain heat nor dampen the sound in the room
- Tiles thou easy to maintain, can be slippery when wet.
- They easily crack if a heavy equipment is dropped on them